Hike along endless stretches of unspoilt white beaches framed by the baltic sea and ghostly forests.
When and where
Date and time
Saturday, August 5 · 6:15am – 9:45pm CEST
About this event
- 15 hours 30 minutes
- Mobile eTicket
Warnemunde Beach Day out
Join us for an unforgettable day out to the beautiful white sand Warnemunde Beach. You will hike along endless stretches of unspoilt white beaches framed by the baltic sea and ghostly forests, where you feel the refreshing sea breeze, and let the sound of crashing waves soothe your soul.
Experience the magic of lonely lighthouses that stand tall against the backdrop of the Baltic Sea. These iconic beacons of light have guided sailors for centuries and hold fascinating stories waiting to be discovered.
Whether you’re a nature lover, an adventure seeker, or simply in need of a peaceful retreat, this beach day out has it all.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS?
Ghost Forest of Nienhagen: The unspoilt ghost forest with its characteristic, crooked trees is something very special. “Where the wind mows the grass” is what the locals say when they speak of this magical place: Because the curved grasses of the forest are constantly exposed to sea winds, they always seem to stay the same length.
Nienhagen Beach: A natural sandy beach, which is lonely for most of the year , offering peace and relaxation. It also offers a charming natural landscape with the contrast between the natural beach and the adjacent magical coastal forest area (ghost forest) with its rare flora and fauna.
Warnemunde Beach Day Out: The sand beach, which is 14 kilometres long and the broadest on the German Baltic coast, scores highly thanks to its size, visual attractions and the vibrancy on the promenade. A Warnemünde beach trip may be the unexpected highlight of your summer.
Warnemunde Lighthouse: The lighthouse can be seen from almost anywhere in Warnemünde – and from 30 metres up inside the lighthouse you can see almost all of Warnemünde.A giant landmark that has been standing here over 120 years guiding sailors to safety in this the Baltic sea.
Discover Rostock (time permitting): The Hanseatic City of Rostock. Rostock was the most important member of the “Hanse” (Hanseatic League) and the city gained great wealth in the past. Nowadays fascinates its visitors with impressive monuments: gorgeous gabled houses, great churches with more than 100 meter high towers, enormous cellars, impressive gates and massive dams.
WHAT IS THE PLAN?
We take a mix of train & bus from Berlin / Hamburg to get to the beautiful seaside resort town of Nienhagen (hike starting point), where we would be hiking between Nienhagen beach & Warnemunde beach, one of Germany’s most beautiful beaches. We’ll say hello to an iconic lighthouse and walk 500m into the Baltic sea on a pier in Warnemunde where we grab a bite / drink before heading back to Rostock and then back home.
Start & End Date: Sat, 5 Aug
Starting time & location:
- Option A: Meet in Berlin Central Station at 6:15 AM
- Option B: Meet in Rostock hbf train station at 9:15 am
- Option C: Meet in Nienhagen (Meckl) Mitte
Note: Exact platform to be advised one day before trip date in whatsapp group for confirmed participants.
Finishing time & location:
Hiking Distance: 14 km beach trek (flat trek)
Hiking Difficulty: Easy / Intermediate – hiking at relaxed pace with multiple break times on well-marked paths, minimal elevation, sure-footedness & good fitness required
Kid Friendly: YES
Price: Starting from €20 for adults.
What is Included?
- Community guide for the entire trip (Guide speaks English & German).
- Guided hike / trek from Nienhagen beach to Warnemunde Beacarnemunde Beach day out
- Entry to historic lighthouse on Warnemunde
- All public transportation for this trip from the meeting point to the finishing point. (Based on your ticket option)
- Access to a dedicated whatsapp group for this event to connect with other trip mates, coordinate arrival options & stay in touch (link to whatsapp group in the ticket).
- Access to a shared Google photo album where you can share & view all amazing pictures & videos from the trip (link to google photos album in the whatsapp group description).
Other Things of Note:
Weather is temperament and can vary between raining & sunny weather. Would recommend the following at a minimum:
- Packed lunch for break during hike.
- Good shoes for beach hike (no need for hiking shoes).
- Rain jackets
- Rain trousers
- Suitable day pack,
- Sun protection.
- Sunglasses & Hat.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU FOR ANY QUERIES / CONCERNS?
- WHATSAPP: Reach out to us directly by clicking here: https://ExpatsTravelTogether.com/Questions
WHAT ARE YOUR REVIEW'S LIKE FROM PREVIOUS TRIPS?
To go through our amazing reviews by participants, please click on the links below:
WHAT IS NEXT?
- WhatsApp Group: In the ticket confirmation page, you will find a link to a whatsapp group dedicated to this event. This group is where you can connect with trip mates, coordinate arrival options & stay in touch.
- Trip Briefing: You will find a link in the whatsapp group description to a detailed trip briefing document providing details on what to expect, how to prepare etc.
- Google Photos Album: You will find a link in the whatsapp group description to the shared google photos album where you can upload & view all shared photos & videos from the trip.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Free cancellation up to 7 full days before the start of the trip. After that, cancel up to 5 days before the trip to get a 50% refund.
- If the event is cancelled on our end, you will get a full refund.
- Please note that the program, as well as the venue is subject to change due to extreme weather conditions, as well as to the characteristics and size of the group.
- Urbanature Travel (UNT) needs a minimum of 5 participants for this trip to take place, else we may cancel this trip.
- UNT reserves the right to cancel the trip, modify the route, change the accommodation or re-schedule hikes and without prior notice.
- UNT is not responsible for any loss, theft, damage or personal injury that occurs during the trip.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
Organized by Urbanature Travel
Welcome my fellow travellers! We are looking to provide you with options to travel to amazing places with our like-minded community guides. Our trips would involve a mash-up of urban exploring and comfortable nature trails & hikes planned & designed by us to ensure that you have a great time & have a more holistic experience.
Looking forward to seeing you on our trips!!!